Coming Soon...OPEN: OCEAN
An open art exhibition at Woodhorn Museum celebrating the North East coast, seascape, shipbuilding and seafaring heritage.
Woodhorn Museum presents its first open art exhibition, OPEN: OCEAN in Spring 2018. Housed in the museum’s stunning Workshop Galleries, this exhibition will showcase the region’s artistic talent and celebrate the North East coast, seascape, shipbuilding and seafaring heritage.
Exhibition runs from Saturday 10th February to Monday 7th May 2018.
Information for Artists:
- The theme of the exhibition, OPEN: OCEAN is open to interpretation by the artist.
- Artists may submit up to three works for consideration at a fee of £10 per work (non-refundable).
- Please e-mail email@example.com to register interest and to receive an entry form by Monday 4th December 2017.
- A full set of terms and conditions can be found here .
How to submit work:
- Artists must be able to deliver works for consideration to Woodhorn Museum on Saturday 20th January between the hours of 11am and 3pm. Work must be accompanied by a completed entry form and a signed copy of the terms and conditions. A full payment will be taken upon delivery.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Artists must be able to collect unselected work from Woodhorn Museum on Saturday 3rd February 2018 between the hours of 11am and 3pm.
- The exhibition will be open to the public from Saturday 10th February to Monday 7th May 2018.
- After the exhibition closes, artists must be able to collect work that is not for sale or unsold on Saturday 12th May 2018 between the hours of 11am and 3pm.
A panel of judges will select artworks for inclusion in the exhibition and award the following prizes:
- £250 Prize for overall winner
- £50 Prize will be award to 2 highly commended works.
Image credit: Richard Barrett- Sun through the Fret, Embleton