First World War – Research Service
Northumberland Archives offers a record searching service. We are pleased to undertake a search in any of the manuscript, microform, printed or digital sources held by our service that are not subject to closure periods. Under particular circumstances, where records are closed we may be able to obtain permission from the relevant authority to undertake research on closed records on your behalf.
When Do I Need to Use This Service?
- You should use this service to obtain specific information relating to the First World War sources held by Northumberland Archives.
How do I Apply?
All applications for research must be presented on the standard application form and accompanied by the appropriate fee.
We offer the following research options:
- Basic - information checking [30 minutes]. Minimum 20 working days to process.
- Standard - [1-3 hours] with full written report. Minimum 20 working days to process.
- Express – research will be completed within 5 working days from date of request.
- Same Day – dependent upon staff availability.
We have also prepared a really useful First World War Resource Pack which contains lots of advice on research techniques. Copies are avilaible to purchase by follwoing the link.