Taking it FurtherListed below are some ideas of how this topic could be developed, whether in the classroom or outside :
• Create a 3D Beach scene where children make patterns with shells, pebbles and stones
• Visit to the Seaside/Beach – including making sandcastles
• Make up own seaside story
• Create postcards and send them
• Set up Travel Agents / Ice Cream Van
• Discuss and pack a bag for a holiday
• Beach Games
• Design Swimming Costumes and Towels
• Re-enact old beach scene and take photographs
• Being safe in the sun – what do you need
• Encourage children to bring in pictures from home of being on the beach and to ask
grandparents/parents about going to the beach as children. What did they do?
|Printed from Woodhorn web site.