In March 2010 we learnt that we have been awarded a Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) grant of almost £250,000 that will allow us to increase access to some of the estate collections held at Woodhorn. We will do this by:
- Engaging volunteers to bring into the public domain large quantities of records that tell the stories of the industrial and rural history of our county. Our team of volunteers will catalogue records under the supervision of our Project Archivist.
- Digitise archive material revealed via our project and make this available across the world via our electronic catalogue.
- Create exhibitions online, at Woodhorn and across the county thereby increasing access to our collections.
- Develop and deliver schools education activity linked to the National Curriculum.
- Reach out to local communities through off-site events, activities and projects.